Tuesday 21 October 2014

Day 4 Reflections

While I felt somewhat tired at the end of Day 4,I did feel more positive than I did at the start of the session. I did feel rather negative initially and still hold the view that tools as in hardware are crucial for me to assist in improving Digital Literacy or Digital Citizenship. However, I guess I will just have to make do and get on with the job as is but do appreciate suggestions made and time permitting will explore those avenues. Given the general cohort of pupil that I am working with I have now decided on a change to my original plan. Where there was to be an emphasis on safe use of social media and the internet, I now want to move away from me appearing to be didactic to pupils as they encounter much of that already from me and visitors to the centre advising on matters such as the dangers of drugs, alcohol, anti social behaviour, domestic violence etc. I do not want to invite problems either for myself where 11 or 12 year olds are using Facebook or playing computer games with restricted age limits. My pupils are currently engaged in Equine Therapy which coincidentally happens while we are exploring the idea of making a Western style film perhaps using the film 'Into the West' as a reference. What I would now like to do is to have pupils record by audio their experiences with Equine Therapy and maybe present their findings to a class in the mainstream school. Pupils will also 'storyboard' scenes for the film and we will explore if there are any apps available to carry out that exercise. Suggestions welcome. Then of course there is the film itself where I would like to see one of our pupils create a blog looking at what is happening behind the scenes. We will also have to look at sourcing film equipment again as we have none. Caerphilly County Borough Arts Development have provided equipment in the past when it was not in use elsewhere but it would be great if we were able to have our own and properly introduce some of the pupils to the technical side of filming. That's the PLAN! Posted by TonyInclusion at 13:31 No comments: Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Pinterest Thursday, 11 September 2014

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea Tony to engage your pupils, and love the idea that the pupils can also create other media reflections and a behind the scenes blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds like a great idea Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great- good luck with the equipment hunt! Though you shouldn't have to be doing that!

    ReplyDelete