Wednesday 15 October 2014

Task 1 - Digital literacy resources

I very much liked the resources on the SWGfL site. The tasks were clearly mapped out and signposted with the skills being targetted. I can definitely see myself using this as a bolt-on to my established scheme of work; perhaps as part of the work produced in the rotation of strands (CI, HI, M, etc.).
I particularly liked how the content avoided the familiar trappings of internet safety, and was directed towards the skills they need to have in this digital age.
The youth and media resources were interesting, and came from a different approach. I don't think I will use them as much as the SWGfL resources, but there are some nice starter activities in there.

1 comment:

  1. Great Al, glad you have had a chance to look through the links I sent, and good to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete